The RaPTr – Rapid Pallet Tracker warehouse scanning system integrates seamlessly with your warehouse and boosts both speed and accuracy.
Automate warehouse tracking with a drive-thru barcode scanning system for touchless, fast pallet tracking and image capture.
How It Works
RaPTr works as an automated pallet tracking and inventory scanning system for your warehouse. A compact unit with camera or multi-camera array, server, and software scan barcode labels passing through warehouse dock doors or other checkpoints. Touchless scanning reads barcodes in motion, making dismounting from or even stopping forklifts unnecessary. The technology is a more efficient, less expensive alternative to RFID pallet tracking systems. All scans are timestamped with image capture and instantaneously recorded in the system for full scanning visibility and verification.
The system can be easily integrated with your existing WMS software or stands alone, and supports various pallet configurations.
a) use in USB/Keyboard mode to plug in and work like a handheld:
b) integrate with lists and databases:
- load text and list-based items (from Notepad, Excel)
- choose direct database integration (SAP, Manhattan, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, IBM Db2, etc.)
All integrations can display a web-based dashboard for instant, visual record-keeping.
Now that it is more key than ever to be able to use contactless scanning technology with accurate pallet scanning systems, you can reduce touchpoints, errors, and the need to travel. Improve your supply chain visibility and quality management with efficient inventory tracking, immediate alert feedback, and the ability to access your data anywhere, in real-time.
A Challenge Resolved
Manual barcode scanning introduces human error and profit loss because it is slow, labor-intensive, and prone to missed scans and mis-routed pallets. Our barcode scanning system was designed for customers who deliver millions of pallets worldwide and use or need inventory scanning systems. In the case of a client who uses returnable crates it has proved indispensable for recovering and billing all while saving personnel time. And for all our customers, warehouse operations have become more efficient. Forklift drivers do not have to scan or even stop, and receive clear and immediate feedback that product and pallets are dispatched to the correct truck. More product can be shipped faster, with the accuracy needed to avoid OTIF compliance fees.
- If shipping 5-10 trucks per day, our system gives one year payback against the cost of RFID tags alone.
- Save 25 minutes of loading time per truck.
- Retrieve timestamped scanning data with photographic proof.
- This is the fastest scanner on the market for a scan area of 1m x 1m or larger.
View a case study about how one customer grew productivity without the cost of ongoing operational expenditures.
…And Peace of Mind
We provide training and support for every system we deliver.
Specifications (base model)
|FOV||1.5m wide by 2m tall|
|In-Motion Code Reading||19 KPH (12 MPH)|
Processes at 15-20 frames per second
|Working Distance||approx. .5 -3.5m (1.6-11ft)|
|Configurability||Configurable for distance, speed, label type. Filter by symbology and code length. Supports single, double, and triple stack pallets. Integrates with any major WMS/ERP system.|
|Applications||Shipping and receiving operations, containers, pallet tracking, warehouse dock door scanning, returnables, E-Crates|
These specifications are based on our ready-to-deploy base model, but are configurable to your requirements. Various versions of our warehouse scanning systems provide a best fit for your operations to help improve your bottom line. View downloadable material on different configurations and why an automated barcode scanning system is the ideal choice to manage inventory and warehousing operations, and a better option than handheld or RFID pallet tracking.
Handhelds vs RFID Technology vs Vision System with Barcodes – which is right for me?
What’s the Cost Justification?
- Accuracy and consistency in inventory scanning helps improve On Time and In Full (OTIF) rate and eliminate compliance penalties.
- Some chargebacks are 3% the value of the shipped goods.
- Barcode scanners can be as accurate as 1 error in 36 trillion characters, vs. 1 error per 300 for typical human data entry.
- Scanning by hand is also prone to error.
- A 1% error rate when scanning 6 billion items means 60 million scanning failures.
- If the item is unscannable it might be returned to the supplier, generating a whole new costly process.
Reduce Inventory Tracking Cost
- Too little inventory means lost sales. Too much inventory means tied up capital, storage and security costs, degraded goods, and waste.
- Inaccurate pallet tracking can mean wrong product shipped, wrong amount, wrong location.
- No more hand scanning, no more stopping forklifts, no more manually checking lists.
- Load trucks faster. Ship more product.
- Barcodes can be read at 19 KPH (12 MPH) and process at 5-100ms.
- Only way to scan faster is not scanning at all.
- Don’t get fired. Better yet, bolster your reputation as a reliable supplier.
- Stop paying for things that aren’t your fault. Prove claims with photos and data.