The Artemis Vision Steel Plate Surface Inspector (SPSI-5000) verifies that steel plate surfaces are meeting or exceeding applicable standards (including MILSPEC, ABS, ASTM) across plates as wide as 13 feet and thicknesses ranging from .1875" through 4". Using a configurable array of highly tuneable lasers, accurate to .0039" (0.1mm), the Artemis SPSI-5000 is designed to operate and withstand the most demanding and harsh environments. The inspection system will scan one or more sides of steel plates used in shipbuilding to detect surface defects such as: pits, corrosion, cracks, flakes, porosity, and other defects.
Artemis’ SPSI-5000 can replace costly and time-consuming manual inspections, and greatly reduce the need for expensive field repair and replacement operations.
The SPSI-5000 is a turn-key system that delivers raw inspection data as well as configurable alarms and reports across varying time-frames and platforms.
- Types of Defects: Pits, Corrosion, Cracks, Flakes, Porosity.
- Laser Accuracy: Within .0039" (0.1 mm).
- Duty Cycle: Designed for continuous 24/7 operation.
- Standards: MILSPEC, ABS, ASTM.
- Footprint: Base model featuring 5 lasers: 6 x 14 feet. Units can be scaled up or down to meet customer's requirements.
Artemis offers a complete integrated solution leveraging effective hardware, and the most robust software solution that is responsive, user-friendly, and easily implemented into current processes. Contact Artemis Vision today to discuss how our SPSI-5000 might be of benefit to your company.